Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth Certificates
Community Health
Death Certificates
Environmental Health
Household Waste Management
Public Health Services


× Close


Your input will help us benefit those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities

Douglas County seeks two volunteer advisory board members for Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy Advisory Board.

Posted on May 19, 2022 2022Breaking News


Are you passionate and knowledgeable about helping those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities? Consider using your expertise and compassion as a member of the Developmental Disability Mill Levy Advisory Board.

Members of this board are the review committee for annual grant applications from organizations seeking funds for local programs supporting residents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.

Candidates for advisory board openings should live in County Commissioner District I, work with or have a family member with intellectual and developmental disabilities and be available to attend bi-weekly meetings during business hours between August – November 2022.

For over 20 years the Douglas County voter-approved Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy has been used to distribute annual grants to organizations that work to enhance and enrich the lives of persons with IDD.  While Douglas County distributes 94.5% of funds to the County’s community-centered board, Developmental Pathways, the remaining 5.5% is set aside for the County’s Developmental Disabilities Grant Program.

Since 2001, more than $5 million has been given to dozens of organizations delivering local services to support residents with intellectual disabilities and their families.

You can apply online now until Friday, June 3. Email Douglas County Grants Coordinator Steven Dodrill at [email protected] with any questions.

Your County. Your News. Get it first.

Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences and make sure to follow Douglas County on Nextdoor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Visit the Live Town Hall page to sign-up and receive Town Hall notifications to ensure you are contacted to participate in future community conversations about topics important to you.

Sign Up Now!