Are you passionate and knowledgeable about helping those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities? Consider using your expertise and compassion as a member of the Developmental Disability Mill Levy Advisory Board.
Members of this board are the review committee for annual grant applications from organizations seeking funds for local programs supporting residents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
Candidates for current advisory board openings should live in County Commissioner District III, have a family member with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), or be passionate about serving the IDD community, and be available to attend bi-weekly meetings during business hours between August and November as part of a four-year term commitment beginning in 2022.
For over 20 years, the Douglas County voter-approved Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy has been used to distribute annual grants to organizations that work to enhance and enrich the lives of persons with IDD. While Douglas County distributes 94.5% of funds to the County’s community-centered board, Developmental Pathways, the remaining 5.5% is set aside for the County’s Developmental Disabilities Grant Program.
Since 2001, more than $5 million has been given to dozens of organizations delivering local services to support residents with intellectual disabilities and their families.