Traffic Alerts – October 2022
This alert page is a one-stop shop to keep up with construction, maintenance, and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you.
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- I-25 South Gap project Information / Traffic Impacts – Check the project website for current information before traveling
- City of Castle Pines Road Projects
City of Centennial Road Projects
- City of Lone Tree Road Projects
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
Current projects in unincorporated Douglas County:
- Business Center Drive – Phase 2
- C-470 Multi-Grade Trail over Yosemite Street
- Havana St/Meridian Blvd Intersection Improvements
- Highlands Ranch Neighborhood Projects
- Lucent and County Line Road – NOT Douglas County’s Project City of Littleton’s Project
- Perry Park Road Traffic Safety Improvements
- Poston Parkway – June through September
- Titan and US 85 Northbound On-Ramp Project
- Sageport and Bannock LID Project
- US 85 from Highlands Ranch Parkway to C-470
I-25 Gap Project Week of October 23, 2022
Watch for Ramp Closures – As crews continue construction, motorists should watch for various impacts, including daytime and overnight ramp closures, on the I-25 South Gap corridor. Ramp closures are weather and progress dependent, so please monitor our Facebook page for day-to-day construction information, visit our website and sign up for text alerts (Text I25GAP to 21000) for all-things I-25 South Gap. Thank you and drive safely! Remember: All construction schedules described below are weather-dependent and could change.
Closure of Southbound I-25 Off-Ramp to Spruce Mountain Road
Overnight Sunday, Oct. 23, and Monday, Oct. 24, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., crews will require a closure of the southbound I-25 off-ramp to Spruce Mountain Road (exit 173) for paving operations. For access to Larkspur, please use the Upper Lake Gulch Road (exit 172) interchange.
Closure of Northbound I-25 Off-Ramp to County Line Road
Overnight Sunday, Oct. 23, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., crews will require a closure of the northbound I-25 off-ramp to County Line Road (exit 163) for paving operations. For access to County Line Road, please use the CO 105 (exit 161) interchange.
Overnight Lane Closures
Overnight Sunday, Oct. 23 through Friday, Oct. 28, watch for overnight lane closures along northbound and southbound I-25 between Monument and Castle Rock as crews complete guardrail patching and repairs, pavement grinding and permanent striping operations.
- Northbound I-25 – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Southbound I-25 – 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
At least one lane will be open during this time for you to get to your destination – stay the course of I-25. Please be extra cautious driving through the work zone, watch for crews and follow posted speeds.
Daytime I-25 Express Lane Closures
On Monday, Oct. 24 through Friday, Oct. 28, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., motorists should watch for Express Lane (far-left lane) closures on northbound and southbound I-25 between Monument and Castle Rock for signage installation and pavement grinding operations. At least two lanes will be open during this time for you to get to your destination – stay the course of I-25. Please be extra cautious driving through the work zone, watch for crews and follow posted speeds and signage.
For more information visit i25gap.codot.gov