Traffic Alerts – May 2023
This alert page is a one-stop shop to keep up with construction, maintenance, and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you. Keep in mind all projects are weather dependent.
Current projects in unincorporated Douglas County:
- C-470 Multi-Grade Trail over Yosemite Street
- Havana St/Meridian Blvd Intersection Improvements
- Perry Park Road Traffic Safety Improvements
- Plaza Drive Pipe Repair Project near Broadway
- Sageport and Bannock LID Project
- US 85 from Highlands Ranch Parkway to C-470
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- City of Castle Pines Road Projects
- City of Lone Tree Road Projects
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
US 85 CPW Access Road, Parking Lot, and City Ditch Relocation Project:
May 5 – 19, 2023 -The County’s contractor, American West Construction, is continuing to address punch list items. Fence and gate installment is also progressing. Final seeding, mulching and tree plantings will begin with appropriate seasonal temperatures.
Highlands Ranch Neighborhood Construction Projects
2023 Sidewalk Repairs/Curb Ramp Retrofit Project
• Wagon Box Circle / Jaguar Way Area – Start date was April 3, 2023*
• Huntington Dr. Area – Start Date is May 30, 2023*
• The Hearth Area (Towerbridge, Valleybrook, Shadowbrook Circle Areas) – Start Date to be determined*
2023 Asphalt Milling/Paving
• South Ranch Rd. Area – Starts in July 2023*
• Wagon Box Circle/ Jaguar Way Area – Starts in July 2023*
• Cheetah Tail – Starts in July 2023*
• Huntington Dr. Area – Starts in July 2023*
*All dates are subject to change.
For further information, please contact Keith Burke at [email protected]
Fairview Parkway and Grace Boulevard Traffic Signal Installation Project
Construction and installation of the new traffic signal will begin on Tuesday, May 30, 2023. This is a 60-calendar day project. The anticipated completion date is July 29, 2023.
2023 Storm Sewer Video Program
February through August: The consultant will be intermittently working within the subdivisions of Roxborough Village East & West and Highlands Ranch between Wildcat Reserve Pkwy – Broadway – Lucent – Highlands Ranch Pkwy, accessing manholes and inlets to video the storm sewer systems.
I-25 Wildlife Exclusion Fencing Project
May 2023 – Nighttime work resumed in early May to finalize the concrete rehabilitation portion of the project.
• Nighttime working hours will be Monday through Friday, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Full road closure at Inspiration and Gartrell Road for storm RCP placement (NOT a Douglas County Project)
May 2023: This project is being performed by Naranjo and is in the City of Aurora right of way. It is the placement of RCP storm pipe and Contractor plans on trenching across the whole road. Visual message boards have been set up in advance. This project’s duration is estimated to be 45 calendar days. The contact for any issues will be Terry Von Clausburg with the City of Aurora. office 303.739.7861 | mobile 303.565.0675