Tolls will begin on Tuesday, Aug. 18 on the C-470 Express Lanes between Wadsworth Boulevard and I-25. Tolls will range from 65 cents to $3.60 per toll point with an ExpressToll pass, depending on the time of day. The tolls have been waived since mid-June when the Express Lanes opened for testing. Motorists can continue to use the new lanes for free until Aug. 18.
Once tolling begins, drivers will have the choice of taking the Express Lanes, which will be available 24 hours a day, for a faster, more reliable travel time in exchange for a toll. Motorcycles will be able to use the lanes for free. All travelers can take the general purpose lanes for free, and Express Lanes help improve travel times in the general purpose lanes as well. To save money on tolls, drivers are encouraged to get an ExpressToll pass. Please note that the Switchable HOV Transponder will not provide an HOV discount on the C-470 Express Lanes, even when positioned in the “HOV” mode.
Below are some rules on how to use the C-470 Express Lanes:
- Drivers will be charged depending on how far they travel in the C-470 Express Lanes.
- C-470 Express Lanes are free for all motorcycles, with no pass required.
- Free carpooling is not available on these lanes. There is no HOV discount.
- Get a Pass! ExpressToll saves money each time, at least 40% savings compared to the pricing without a pass. Go to expresstoll.com to get a pass. ExpressToll passes are used on all Express Lane and tolling facilities in Colorado.
- Westbound travelers: there are three westbound toll points from I-25/E-470 to University Boulevard, from University Boulevard to Santa Fe Drive and from Santa Fe Drive to Wadsworth Boulevard.
- Eastbound travelers: there are two eastbound toll points: from Wadsworth Boulevard to Broadway, and from Broadway to I-25/E-470.
- Enforcement is ongoing. Do not cross the solid white lines; enter and exit at the designated entrances and exits marked with a dashed white line.
- The same speed limit applies to the Express Lanes as the general purpose lanes.
- Toll rates will range from 65 cents to $3.60 per toll point, depending on the time of day with an Express Toll pass.
About C-470 Express Lanes: The project added two Express Lanes westbound from I-25 to Colorado Boulevard and one Express Lane westbound from Colorado Boulevard to Wadsworth Boulevard, as well as one Express Lane eastbound from just west of the Platte River to I-25.
In addition to the new Express Lanes, the project reconstructed a portion of the existing pavement and added auxiliary lanes between interchanges, improved portions of on- and off-ramps, widened the existing bridges throughout the project area and replaced the bridges over the South Platte River, installed water-quality features and noise barriers, installed Intelligent Transportation Systems elements and tolling equipment and added grade separations for the multi-use trail at Quebec Street and Colorado Boulevard. For more information, go to: https://www.codot.gov/programs/expresslanes/c-470-express-lanes