Marriage / Civil Union License Age Requirements
Proof of Identification (must be accompanied by proof of age):
- Photo ID issued by an employer or government agency (this includes school ID’s)
- Credit card that contains a photo
- Inmate ID
- Consular Card*
Proof of Age (must be accompanied by photo ID)
- Domestic Birth Certificate*
- Foreign Birth Certificate (The birth certificate MUST be in English otherwise it must be translated and the translation must be notarized).
Proof of Identification and Age:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID (as long as it contains a photo)**
- Inmate ID (as long as it has a photo and date of birth)
- State Identification Card (as long as it contains a photo and date of birth)
- Tribal Identification Card
If either party is 16 or 17 years of age at the time of application, the following requirements must be met:
- Judicial order from juvenile court required. Order must either be the original signed by the judge, or a certified copy.
- Original state issued birth certificate
- Photo ID (a school ID is acceptable)
For Civil Unions, both parties must be 18 years of age.