Businesses approaching their renewal date will receive a renewal notification letter from Douglas County, as well as a Renewal Application form from the State approximately 60 to 90 days before their license is set to expire.
Renewal Submittal Requirements
The following renewal documents must be submitted to Douglas County:
- Completed Renewal Application form
- Certificate of Good Standing, or Affidavit of Lawful Presences, if you are a sole proprietor or a husband and wife partnership
- Check payable to Douglas County (amount due is based on the type of license listed on the Fee Schedule)
- Check payable to the Colorado Department of Revenue (amount due is based on the type of license listed on the Fee Schedule)
Submittal Requirements (due before a hearing can be scheduled)
- Liquor License Application or 3.2% percent Beer License Application form with all required attachments. Once Douglas County staff determines the application to be complete, it is sent to the State during the 30-day waiting period.
- Individual History Report – A background check will need to be conducted on all officers, directors, general partners, managing members and anyone with ownership of 10 percent of the company or more.
- Fingerprints – Those who are required to submit an Individual History Report are also required to be fingerprinted.
- Two checks are due based on the Fee Schedule – One check payable to Douglas County and one to the Colorado Department of Revenue.
Submittal Requirements (due prior to the hearing)
- Petition and Report – Submit a completed petition and report one week before the scheduled hearing date. Please contact Douglas County staff for petitioning resources.
- Affidavit of Posting and Documentation – Provide an Affidavit of Posting and a photograph documenting that signage was posted one week prior to the hearing date.
- Training – Complete and provide proof of Training for Intervention Procedure(s), also known as TIPS training, or an approved corporate training program for all servers. Contact Douglas County staff for training resources.