Are you a resident of Douglas County with time to give and a heart to serve those in our community with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities? Now is your opportunity to join the Douglas County Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy Advisory Council.
Members of this council are the review committee for annual grant applications from organizations seeking funds for local programs supporting residents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
If you have experience writing or reviewing grants and the ability to attend four to six daytime grant-review sessions in August and September, we encourage you to apply for one of two vacancies by July 26.
This volunteer, citizen advisory group was established following the successful 2001 voter-approval of the Douglas County Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy. While Douglas County distributes 94.5% of the Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy funds to the County’s community-centered board, Developmental Pathways, the remaining 5.5% is set aside for the County’s Developmental Disabilities Grant Program.
Douglas County Mill Levy Grant Funds support projects and services that demonstrate innovative and collaborative projects or programs in six areas: Life in Common, Housing, Transportation, Employment, Recreation/Leisure, and Health. Since 2002 more than $4.5 million has been awarded to organizations delivering local services to support residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and their families, including $400,000 awarded in 2020.