Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth Certificates
Community Health
Death Certificates
Environmental Health
Household Waste Management
Public Health Services


× Close
Human Services

Early Childhood

How Sick is Too Sick?

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment  (CDPHE) has updated the “How Sick is Too Sick?” guidelines document, to help child care providers evaluate when children and adults should stay home.

The guidelines include important information about COVID-19, as well as other illnesses.

Access more information here

Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP)

The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) helps families that are homeless, working, searching for work or in school help pay for childcare. CCCAP may pay a portion or all of the cost of childcare). Based on program referrals, families that are enrolled in the Colorado Works Program or engaged with Child Welfare Services may also use CCCAP services.

Family CCCAP  Requirements

  • Household must be a County resident.
  • Parents must continuously be in an eligible activity,
  • Parents must provide income verification before approval,
  • Families that qualify must directly pay “a parental fee” to their childcare provider for a portion of the total cost, and
  • Eligibility for continued assistance is re-determined every 12 months.
  • Child Support Service are required for single-Parent households.

These are the primary factors used to determine eligibility for this program.  Eligibility will be determined by the Child Care Assistance Program staff when the applicant has completed the Child Care Assistance application, orientation by phone, and provided necessary verification.

Applications may be completed online at  www.colorado.gov/PEAK  or you may use the PEAK Kiosk computer available at the Douglas County Human Services building, 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock.  Paper applications are available at the Douglas County Department of Human Services and can be mailed upon request.

For an appointment to discuss program eligibility, or to begin the application and orientation process, please call:

Phone:  303-688-4825
Fax: 1-877-285-8988
[email protected]
4400 Castleton Court
Castle Rock, CO 80109

Below is a list of documentation you will need to provide along with your application:

  1. Social Security Numbers for all family members
  2. Birth certificates for all children
  3. Picture identification for every adult in the household
  4. One month of pay stubs for each parent
  5. Information about child support received and/or application for Child Support Services.

If you just started a new job, a confirmation letter from your employer is required. The letter must include your hire date, rate of pay, how often you are paid and your schedule. Also, needed are pay stubs within 30 days from your application date.

If you are in High School or in training to earn a GED, you can receive assistance until you complete your high school/GED education or you reach the age of 22.

Child Care Provider Types

There are two types of licensed providers Licensed Centers and Licensed Homes.

For a complete listing of licensed providers in Douglas County, visit Colorado Shines. You may also call 1-877-338-2273 to speak to a referral specialist.

Not every licensed child care provider accepts CCCAP.  The Colorado Shines link will show all the licensed childcare centers/homes in Douglas County accepting the Child Care Assistance Program.   CCCAP families may sue child care from a CCCAP provider in another county.  If a Family wants to use a child care provider that is not on currently accepting CCCAP, and the provider is willing to accept CCCAP, then Douglas County will coordinate with them to execute a Fiscal Agreement.

In order to qualify for the Child Care Assistance Program, the provider has to have a contract with Douglas County Human Services or be able to work with Douglas County Human Services to obtain a contract.  Douglas County CCCAP cannot choose your childcare provider for you. When you choose a childcare provider, think about whether your child will be safe and encouraged to grow and learn.

You can select a state-licensed center or home or an exempt provider. Exempt providers can include a friend or family member. If you want an exempt provider to be your childcare provider, the provider and all members of their household over the age of 18 must be fingerprinted and a background check completed. The exempt provider is responsible for payment of the fingerprinting and background check. Childcare cannot be authorized until the checks are completed.

To find out more information and/or to apply for Child Care Assistance, please call the 303-688-4825.

If you currently do not accept CCCAP for payment of child care and a parent or caregiver has selected you as the child care provider for their children, Douglas County will send you a packet of information detailing the necessary documents and training including:

For further information about being a CCCAP Provider please either call 303-814-7135 or email our Office at:  [email protected]                                                                                                                 

Provider Resource and Information

Attendance Tracking System (ATS) is a required attendance record platform for CCCAP Providers.  Below are links that provide further information.



Manual Claims

For child care services  that were not paid via the ATS process will be require a manual claim for payment.

Submitted manual claims will be reviewed  by CCCAP staff to confirm manual payment is required. Please submit the following:

Child Care Provider Manual Claim Form