Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth Certificates
Community Health
Death Certificates
Environmental Health
Household Waste Management
Public Health Services


× Close
Human Services

Child Welfare Contacts

To Report Child Abuse or Neglect call 303-663-6270 or 1-844-CO4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437)


Child Welfare Complaint Options

Child Welfare complaint options include the following:

If you are still dissatisfied, you may initiate a complaint by choosing one of the options listed below:

Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) Child Welfare Division

Colorado Child Protection Ombudsman

Douglas County Human Services Citizen Review Panel

Complaints that cannot be resolved at the County Human Services Department level are referred to the Human Services Citizen Review Panel.  This Panel is an independent group of Douglas County citizens who review complaints regarding unresponsiveness or unprofessional conduct by Douglas County Department of Human Services Child Welfare program employees per C.R.S. Section 19-3-211.   View the Conflict Resolution Process chart here.

This panel does not have the ability to alter any result from a decision made by the Department of Human Services to assess a situation or not, civil or criminal investigation, or a decision negotiated or litigated in a court action such as  Dependency and Neglect.