As we come to the end of 2021, there is much to celebrate. You have shown tremendous resilience and heart throughout 2021 and 2020. As you prepare to ring in a new year, we also want you to be safe.
If your plans take you around the metro area via the RTD light rail, we can help. We are partnering with Lyft to provide discounted rides to and from light rail stations in Douglas County. Visit Lyft’s website or use the code DOCONYE21 in the payment center of the Lyft app to access a $5 voucher to put toward your ride.
The vouchers are good for one Lyft ride. While supplies last, you may use one voucher to and one voucher from the light rail station. Vouchers may be reserved in advance and must be used between 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 31 and 5 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 1.
Eligible stations include:
- Ridgegate Parkway Station, 10791 S. Havana St.
- Lone Tree Town Center, 11023 Ridgegate Parkway
- Lincoln Station, 10203 Station Way
- Sky Ridge, 9941 Trainstation Circle
- County Line, 8340 S. Valley Highway
The discount also works for rides from within a half-mile radius of these light rail stations.
Additionally, RTD announced free rides on all RTD bus and rail routes – as well as Access-a-Ride, FlexRide and SkyRide services for New Year’s Eve – from 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 31, to 7 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 1. Get details on RTD’s website.
If you would like to stay closer to home, we have a few ideas:
- Dine-in at one of your favorite Douglas County restaurants, which continue to be open at full capacity
- Try a new restaurant for takeout and watch New Year’s Eve television programming
- Take a hike! Visit the County’s interactive trail system map to explore a new area of the County
- Explore the arts! Visit our Arts and Culture website for opportunities throughout the County