If you walk, run, bike or hike the C-470 Trail, this update is for you.
A new Douglas County trail improvement project will begin Monday, Dec. 13. Designed to improve safety along the trail, the project will include the installation of a pedestrian bridge with an extension of a multi-use trail/sidewalk on the north side of S. Yosemite Street and the C-470 off-ramp. Construction is expected to continue through November 2022.
The current trail requires pedestrians and cyclists to cross at the busy intersection of Yosemite Street and C-470. The new bridge will reroute the trail over this intersection,
creating a safer, more convenient connection for pedestrians and cyclists. This project also provides a new 10-foot-wide multi-use trail.
Additionally, the new pedestrian bridge will improve mobility by reducing congestion and traffic delays on Yosemite Street related to C-470 trail users interfacing with motorists.
What are the construction impacts?
- During construction, the existing trail access will be closed, and pedestrians and cyclists will be detoured. The detour route will include Yosemite Street, Parkway Drive and ultimately rejoin the C-470 Trail from both east and west directions (see detour map on right.)
- Motorists can expect intermittent single lane traffic with flaggers assisting motorists through the work zone.
- Normal work hours will be Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be occasional brief closures to allow crews safe passage through the work zone.
- During bridge construction (happening mid-2022), this project will have overnight full lane closures and full ramp closures.
- For important information regarding this and other project announcements please sign up for notifications by emailing the project email (listed below).
Project Contact Information
Project Hotline – 720-386-3803
Project email – [email protected]
* Construction schedule is subject to change based on weather/unforeseen circumstances