Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth Certificates
Community Health
Death Certificates
Environmental Health
Household Waste Management
Public Health Services


× Close
Building Division


You may not submit for a permit until Douglas County Zoning has given written approval, which must be included with the permit submittal.

    • Douglas County Multi-Family Permit Application – The general contractor, electrical, plumbing and mechanical must be listed on the application. The contractors must be registered with Douglas County and listed prior to the issuance of the building permit.
    • Site Plan including elevation- Must show the building location as shown on the approved SIP, and handicapped units if multi-family.  NOTE: It shall be the sole responsibility of the property owner and/or permit holder to verify the location of all utilities and easements including water, sewer, well, septic, electric, phone, cable, fiber optic and gas prior to excavation or construction of any structure. 
    • Construction Plans – Submit a complete set of plans on white paper in blue or black ink that are stamped by a licensed Colorado Engineer or Architect. A Colorado Engineer must stamp the plumbing, mechanical, structural, and electrical plans.
    • Foundation Plans – Submit a complete set of engineered plans. Include one copy of the structural calculations and project manuals.
    • Water and Sewer – Submit a letter from the governing districts for that area if required.
    • Deed – A copy of a recorded warranty deed or lease agreement.
    • Architectural Control Committee approval if applicable.
    • Soil Report to be completed by a licensed Colorado Engineer is for the area of proposed construction.
    • Fire Department approval has to be received before the permit can be issued. The submittal of the plans to the governing fire department is the responsibility of the General Contractor or Owner.