The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allows a variety of expenditures to support community and economic recovery in Douglas County, including but not limited to:
Allowable Investments Include:
- Ongoing expenditures for COVID-19 testing, PPE or other public health expenses
- Assistance to households, including food programs; rent, mortgage or utility aid; eviction protections; unemployment benefits; or cash assistance
- Services to foster youth or families involved in the child welfare system
- Community health care workers and benefit navigators
- Grants to non-profit organizations
- Affordable housing
- Grants to small businesses
- Aid to impacted industries (tourism, travel, hospitality, other)
- Job training and re-training programs
- Grants to economic development organizations, downtown development authorities or business improvement districts.
- ARPA funds claimed under the revenue loss provisions could be broadly used for governmental purposes.